Thursday, October 22, 2015

GUIMARAS: Food Trip and Pasalubong


Guimaras was regarded as the Mango Capital of the Philippines as they were globally known for producing sweet mangoes and turning them into sweets and other delicacies. Here are some things I tried and took home:


1. Mango Pizza

I visited Guimaras for mangoes but I haven't bought any because it will be a burden to have a heavy backpack. Instead, I searched for the raved one-of-a-kind pizza in the capital town of Jordan.

The Pitstop Restaurant
Resto's interior
Waiting for my order
  
Voila! Mango Pizza and Fruit Shake
What's in the Mango Pizza? You can see cheese sprinkled on a mango sauce with pizza sauce underneath. When I got a bite, the taste was still pizza-like with sweetness of fresh mangoes. I never thought pizza and mangoes can have a good relationship. I was able to finish half of it and took out the rest back to Iloilo City. Happy tummy!


2. Mango Biscocho
Slabs of toasted bread with hints of sweet mango. The taste of mango was a bit mild, but I managed to finish one packet. :)


3. Mango Drink Concentrate
I used to love Ritchie's Drink Concentrate when I was in my grade school years. Nowadays, powder juices are taking over grocery sections due to their affordable prices. Since I'm in mango-rich province, I bought this concentrate so I'll have my daily dose of mango juice in my fridge. Few tablespoons of concentrate added to a glass of cold water make a refreshing drink. I should have bought another one.


4. Mango Fridge Magnet
A simple reminder that I visited the mango capital. Available at Pasalubong Center near the Provincial Capitol of Guimaras.

Guimaras Trade and Information Center
San Miguel, Jordan, Guimaras

No comments:

Post a Comment