Saturday, February 25, 2017

ILOILO: The Heart of the Philippines

The main reason why I want to go to this province is to visit the UNESCO-listed heritage church in Miag-ao. I feared that if I don't visit sooner, another earthquake in Bohol might level these historic churches and it's too late for me. Then a piso fare from an airline last week of January 2015 brought me to this Western Visayan itinerary.

Iloilo province is the glory of Region VI where it occupies most of the Panay island. Old rich families flourished in its city capital where religious, commercial, and administrative centers are within its vicinity.

On my three-day stay at Panay Island, I visited the Iloilo towns of San Joaquin, Miagao, Janiuay and the premier Iloilo City.

Please click below titles to see my stories.











No comments:

Post a Comment