Saturday, March 11, 2017

NEGROS ORIENTAL: Sauntering at the Provincial Capital


It was a beautiful Friday morning when I landed at Negros Oriental. Technically, the airport is in Sibulan town but it is commonly known as Dumaguete airport as it is just few kilometers away from city center. I walked few meters away from the airport and hailed a multicab bound to my first destination: the provincial capitol. Let the sole-searching begin!


The capitol building is located within the Freedom Park. I saw some students doing their dance practice and others, especially lovers, are just sitting on benches and taking their quality time. Like any other capitol building built before 1950s, the neoclassical style is evident in its high columns. Roman numerals state it was built in 1924.


Dumaguete’s main transport is tricycle for short distances within the city. 


From the capitol, I walked my way to the port. Walking along Silliman Avenue will open your eyes to different restaurants due to proximity to its famous educational institution: the Protestant-run Silliman University. 

One of the buildings that caught my eye is the oldest building within: the Silliman University’s Anthropology Museum. 


I took a selfie before heading to the port to catch a fastcraft bound to Siquijor.


That time, the terminal building was under renovation, so passengers need to secure boat tickets first from sellers outside the gate then pay terminal fee (Php15) upon entrance. I bought a ticket bound to Siquijor at Php150 for 12pm ride. Boarding now!



NEXT: SIQUIJOR: Afternoon tour at the provincial capital

No comments:

Post a Comment