Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Eastern Visayas Trip

Map of Eastern Visayas (Region VIII)
Three years ago, most provinces of Eastern Visayas were struck by Typhoon Haiyan (locally Yolanda). Many lives were lost and structures were badly damaged. I got curious on the present situation there since I’ve never set foot there. Good thing I booked a promo fare from budget airline last year. I knew this would be my chance to visit the historic places on that region.
The day finally came as I found myself preparing my backpack that morning for a 4-day journey. I did web check-in to make sure I have a designated seat so I can go directly to boarding hall. Unfortunately, my flight was delayed for 2 hours due to technical difficulties. This was the first time I got delayed this long enough to make me sleep as I came from graveyard shift. I bought some siopao and water to calm my hungry tummy.
Finally we got boarded and after an hour, we arrived at Daniel Z. Romualdez airport located at a peninsula jutting out of Tacloban City. Adventure starts now! Adi na ak ha Tacloban! 

I immediately got out of the airport to catch up a jeepney leading us to downtown.

In my 4-day stay in Eastern Visayas, I was able to visit three provinces: Leyte, Southern Leyte and Samar

Kindly click below links for details of my adventure:










No comments:

Post a Comment